Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A New Beginning

We had a nice Friday lunch with Bry before T had to leave :)



Every week I feel like I have a new beginning, a new opportunity to do things right. Every month I feel the same way, only stronger. This month is a little different, because now it's just me and Bry. I'm on a break from school and home full time, and Travis is off to start his new job in Abu Dhabi. I have the house ALL TO MYSELF! It feels amazing. I am excited for all that is in store, but I know if I don't grab hold of some type of routine, once the fan starts spinning in the beginning of the year, everything is going to hit it.
SO, I am getting Bry and I on track with a routine. A new style of eating--very little grain, gluten, and sugar, stricter cleaning involving more throwing away and donating, working out on a regular basis--I've fallen off the wagon HARD, and just doing better with bedtime and waking up earlier.

I feel as though during this time it's really vital that we get this momentum going. At the beginning of the year, I'll be starting my new clinical rotation which means I'll practically be working full time, except I won't be getting paid for it. I already know myself, which I know once I start this internship, I won't be starting any new routines. With all the preparations that we will need to make for our big move, I can't spend any extra time & effort worrying about little things that should already be in place.

But even through all the stress, I am SO excited and ready. I'm thankful for more time to prepare, and I'm thankful for this month I have to prepare my mind & body.


The truck is gone and we have a couple who are set on renting our house once we move out! It feels pretty good to have the bigger things like that already settled. Bry and I are applying for our passports this week, for sure, and our Visas are being taken care of as well. Even though we won't be using them for a while, it'll be nice to have them ready to go.

At the Airport


Bry really wanted to see a plane take off so we waited around for T's plane to leave.



The airport had this nice little sitting area with a bay-type window to watch the planes.



As T's plane taxied away towards the West, it went out of our view range so I asked Bry if he wanted to run into the parking garage so we could watch it take off. Of course he said yes, so, like anybody else would do, we RAN outside and through the parking garage to the West end! And then... the airplane turned around and started taking off towards the EAST! So... we RAN even faster towards the East end just in time to see in take off into the air :) and even though I wished we would've stayed in our cozy little sitting area inside the airport where we would've been able to see it just fine, it was awesome. And Bry loved it.



Before Travis left, we gave Brycen these gifts. A scentsy buddy for cuddling and hugs when he misses daddy, and a Nabi. It was a splurge gift, but he can Skype on it and T really wanted to see his face when he opened it ;) He loved them both and I have a feeling both will get put to use often.

As far as the U.A.E.

I've entrusted Travis with the decision to pick out our living arrangements. Villa or apartment? Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Pros and cons, pros and cons! I really want an apartment, because seriously, we can live in a townhouse in the U.S. But, I'm not gonna be a brat because I know I'll just be happy to have our family back together in a new and exciting place.


This morning, Bry woke up and asked "where's Daddy?" I knew he was being too cool about this whole thing! He was okay after I updated him, but I'm curious to see how he is a month from now. If he's anything like Travis he'll just take it day by day with no worries. If he's anything like me, he'll be dwelling on memories and longing for physical interaction haha. Let's hope he's more like T ;)

No comments: